Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 2014
The US House of Representatives and the Senate are set to take action now to ensure high-quality child care for children.
Late last week, they reached an agreement on a bill to reauthorize the Child Care and Development Block Grant Act (CCDBG), which was last authorized eighteen years ago.
The reauthorized Child Care and Development Block Grant Act would take numerous steps to improve access to high-quality care for young children and their families, including:
- Improving the health and safety of children in Child Care and Development Block Grant Act -funded child care settings.
- Making it easier for families to access and keep quality child care, especially low-income and homeless families.
- Taking steps to prevent suspensions and expulsions of young children in child care.
- Enhancing the overall quality of child care, with an additional focus on improving the quality of care for infants and toddlers. Take action today to ensure your members of Congress vote yes on the Child Care and Development Block Grant Act — crucial legislation for young children and their families.
- High-quality child care provides a developmentally-appropriate environment for children while their parents work to support their families. It is a critical part of the continuum of high-quality early childhood development and learning services that all children and families need to thrive.
- Please call your members of Congress and ask them to support the Child Care and Development Block Grant Act of 2014.
- Source(s): Childrens Defense Fund and Zero to Three
Photo Credit: Microsoft Clip Art